Sunday, September 27, 2015

UN SDG Visit

Note By Rebekah Frimpong:
"I had no idea when Lisa Russell put her casting call out for SDG video project at the UN that I would experience a day full of such great energy. The moment she asked me the question during my interview (captured in this picture) my mind quickly woke up. The night before I slept about an hour. I was worried about taking my son with me, how people would treat me as I carried my one year old son alone with me to the UN. I was pleasantly surprised by the respect I received, the kind gestures, and kind words. I was inspired by the smiles of the people I met. So when in this moment captured in this picture I was asked about my views on SDG it was clear in my mind what is important. In this moment I realized I am an activist, because I am scared but fearless in my motivation to be better and reflect that in my community. What moves you? What is most important to you? What steps are you taking to make an impact? I am thankful to Lisa for letting me be apart of this project!" Pic by Pascal B.